Problem Accessing the Newsgroup

Stanley A. Gorodenski stanlep at gateway.net
Tue Mar 21 22:28:30 EST 2000

I am having trouble accessing this newsgroup.  The purpose of this
message is to determine whether the problem resides in my computer or
whether anyone else is having the same problem.

When I click on the newsgroup, instead of getting a list of the
messages, the area of the screen they are supposed to occupy is blank,
but I get a message at the bottom of the screen telling me how many read
and unread messages there are.  If I alternately  keep clicking on my
other mail folders and the newsgroup, eventually the list of the
messages come up in the newsgroup.  However, sometime the machine will
freeze up and I have to Shut Down.

This evening I was successful in bringing up the messages (after doing
the alternate clicking just described).  I was able to read the content
of the older messages, but when I attempted to read the most recent five
I got a message for each one that said it was a bad article number.  I
get this message if someone, I believe, sends a message and then deletes
it.  The title is still out there but the content is not.  It is odd
that the most recent five have this error message.

About a month or two ago I had this same problem.  I sent an email
message to the individual that is responsible for maintaining Leps-L to
find out if there was a problem at the Leps-L end.  Before he had a
chance to respond, the system started working normally again on its
own.  Now I am having the same problem again.

Is anybody experiencing this same problem?  I have Netscape version 7,
and a Gateway Pentium II machine.  If you respond please contact me at
my email address, stanlep at gateway.net, because I may not be able to get
into this newsgroup the next time I try.

Stan Gorodenski