NABA Field Trips in South Florida

Hank & Priscilla Brodkin hankb at theriver.com
Sun May 21 23:58:12 EDT 2000

Leptraps at aol.com wrote:

> I have never directly attacked NABA nor it's members, I was once a member
> myself. I have gladly provided information to a member organizing the field
> trips. This information is the result of hours of field work collecting and
> observing Lepidoptera.
> I received several telephone calls Sunday evening informing me that during
> one of the field trips to an area near Port Mayaca in Martin County, a
> location that I provided, NABA members found several of my bait traps, one of
> which they destroyed and others were taken.

  (portion deleted)

Leroy -
We know this may be wearing thin - but believe me, only a small minority
of NABA members - whose "I know better" attitudes are fanned by those
who should know better - would be involved in this type of really stupid
and probably illegal action.  I will plead here that the NABA leadership
and board of directors condemn this action, publicly apologize to Leroy,
and ask those responsible to resign from the organization.

--
	             Hank & Priscilla Brodkin
	          Carr Canyon, Cochise County, AZ