Strays vs. stays

Ron Gatrelle rgatrelle at home.com
Mon Nov 6 20:33:11 EST 2000

    Very true Jeff. You have opened the door for me to make a comment I had
decided to let pass. Alan stated that the two male ontatio were worn as if
this was proof they had had a long tough journey. Worn specimens are also
half dead specimens which ran out of migration energy the several days ago.
We all see worn specimens all the time. 99% of the time they are locals
whose season has come to an end. Many seem to have missed my point. I surely
know about strays,  migrtants, 1000 miles out to sea records etc. -- I've
been a lepidopterist for over 45 years. I also know about F. favonius
ontatio. My only point all along is that my experience tells me that the
Ontario ontario are not from Virginia, but just around the corner.