The promise of Monarchs and a curious five-year old

Hal at dex.pathlink.com Hal at dex.pathlink.com
Mon Aug 6 12:02:27 EDT 2001

Walmart, in the pet department, sells a clear plastic box with a
colored vented top and small door that works well.  Sorry I can't
recall the exact name, but the pet clerk should be familiar with it.
I have a Black Swallowtail larvae feeding on some parsley in one above
my pc desk.  I've done this with several Gulf Fritillary that left the
maypop vine, but I'm glad I chose to bring one of these inside while
it was still eating.  I went back to check on another 5 feeding on
parsley outside and they were gone.  I suppose a bird must have found
them.

Regards,

Hal