trapping leps and sex ratios

Rob Knell r.knell at qmw.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 09:35:39 EDT 2001

Hi folks

I'm going to be doing some field work in October that will require me
to trap large numbers of female moths in Belize, not something I've
really got a lot of experience with. I've been doing some light
trapping here (London) and have found that most of the moths I get are
males. Can anyone out there tell me a) whether this is a general
phenomenon and especially b) if it is then what other techniques might
I use to ensure a good supply of females?

I also posted this to entomo-L so some of you might see it twice.

Thanks in advance

Rob Knell

School of Biological Sciences
Queen Mary and Westfield College