HO HO WHAT?

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:27:04 EST 2001

Just as I thought.
   How many of the large number of recent sightings of Monarch/Black-veined
Browns in Britain could be due to disoriented individuals fleeing
commercial releases in the US? Seriously though I would have no
reservations about celebratory releases of this robust species in Britain,
because it has not been able to establish feral populations in the last
century of trying.
    I think the Black-veined White would be a good candidate too, with the
added bonus of potential reestablishment of a locally extirpated species.
...................Chris Durden