Binocular microscopes

Stuart Roberts spmr at email.msn.com
Fri Feb 9 14:42:16 EST 2001

Chris Raper <chris.raper at hartslock.org.uk> wrote in message
news:0fb68t4g88c6ihlga6s5slvaibqgp6kj3h at 4ax.com...
> On 8 Feb 2001 12:51:56 -0800, dylansteven at europe14.freeserve.co.uk
> (Dylan Lloyd) wrote:

Chris wrote in response to Dylan's enquiry:

> >Do any readers have advice on the best options for purchasing a stereo
> >binocular microscope for entomological use in the UK.
>
> http://www.meijitechno.co.uk/

> I have one of their EMZ scopes and a Mini-Fluor light - very good

So have I. It is excellent and, considering the quality, reasonably priced.
I have a SCHOTT light box/fibre optic cable & ring illuminator. These sort
of things are pretty well essential for providing a shadow-free illumination
to allow correct identification of many insect groups. Service is generally
excellent too.

> Also have a look at: http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/

This is the other company I would suggest. They advertise regularly and
widely in the entomological and wildlife press here in UK too. Worth
consulting, although I suspect that the Meiji 'scopes would be more
suitable.

Good Hunting

Stuart Roberts