Imagelist Web Site: Update

John.Snyder at furman.edu John.Snyder at furman.edu
Thu Feb 15 10:25:01 EST 2001

A wek or so ago I advertised the existence of a new web site that tells you
which available books have descriptions of North American moths (adults and
caterpillars) and their pictures.  Since then, I have expanded the species
being described by quite a bit.  "Imagelist" now has data on all of the
following families of moths:  Geometridae, Saturniidae, Sphingidae,
Arctiidae, and Noctuidae.

As you can see, I have concentrated my first efforts on the larger families
of Macrolepidoptera.  I will eventually get all the other families done.

Thanks to the several people who pointed me toward the "Owlet Moths of
Ohio" book by Rings, et al.; I've ordered it and will be adding its
information to the Noctuidae portion of Imagelist when I get the chance.I
hadn't been aware that it has so many illustrations.

John Snyder
Furman University
john.snyder at furman.edu