The Urban Butterfly

Mark Walker MWalker at gensym.com
Tue Jan 16 18:12:45 EST 2001

> This is why, I believe, the founding fathers of your country
> decided to
> keep religion out of schools.

You'd better check your history facts again, my friend.  At the time of the
American Revolution, virtually EVERY institute of higher learning was in
fact a religious institution.  Primary education was mostly performed in the
home (certainly this was true for the affluent founding fathers), and as far
as I can tell the founding fathers went out of their way to ENSURE the
continued right to worship in the home.  I'm privileged to report that this
right still exists - for now, at least.

Mark Walker
visiting a rainy Houston, TX