Butterflies and Weather and counts

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Sun Jul 1 09:51:23 EDT 2001

All -

    Sorry about the geographical imprecision.  I should have said Southern
New England.  Of course, if you are from CA or TX or The Midwest, that's
still "The East".

    Also sorry to hear that Michael's count was low. My Madison / Old Lyme
SBC on 6/19 set a new record for species and the total number of individuals
was greater than the last three years' counts combined.  In the past few
days, the next generation of whites and sulphurs have popped out, summer
skippers and satyrs are emerging, and the butterflying is good.

Clay