Yosemite

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Thu Jul 26 01:25:52 EDT 2001

Agreed: http://www.saber.net/~monarch/lor.jpg

> In addition to that, the behavior and flight characteristics of
> the Lorquin's Admiral are easily distinguished.  The Admiral glides
> with wings open more than 180 degrees - unusual for most
> species and not at all like the Sister.

I disagree. The California Sister glides in the B 52 bomber wing
configuration too. This is why the Sister and Lorquin's are so difficult
for me to tell apart when they are on the wing.

Anyway, next time I'm in Yosemite I'll be extra careful not to assume
what looks to be a Sister might actually be a Lorquin's.

Paul Cherubini, Placerville, Calif.