P. glaucus and P. canadensis

Chris J. Durden drdn at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 8 03:04:56 EDT 2001

I think introgression is a very useful test of congenery and a good tool
for evaluating past generic assignments like *Bos taurus* and *Bison bison*.
    I am still puzzling over a VHW green scaled *Deciduphagus solatus* and
if it could possibly have acquired this trait through introgression with
*Mitoura siva* which would suggest back to square one on the *Callophrys*
monstrosity. I like to think that *solatus* was just reinventing the
(green) wheel.
..................Chris Durden