Moth ID help please

--MShort-- mshort at usol.com
Thu Jun 14 20:58:30 EDT 2001

Dear Group,

I found a large caterpillar last year while cutting someone's lawn.  I took
it home and he formed a cocoon in a small fish tank I had and now he's a
large moth.  I live in Michigan and he/she has large brown wings with
various spots and its coloration is white, reddish brown, brown, and maybe a
hint of orange, does anyone know a species? So I can look through some
photos.  My uncle says it was a tomato worm, big fat green caterpillar with
blue, yellow and red horns.

Actually I want to know what to do with it.  What does it eat, should I let
it go, take care of it?

Thanks,

Matt S.