Rolling Blackout demonstration for energy conservation-June 2 1

Paul Cherubini monarch at saber.net
Thu Jun 21 21:57:26 EDT 2001

Heath, Fred wrote:

> Then let's see the other half of your statement: If you turn out
> your lights and maybe unplug your TV set you are commiting an act of
> terrorism!!!

Fred, I took Wanda Dameron's statement below literally:

"there will be a voluntary rolling blackout on the
 first day of summer, June 21 at 7 pm - 10 pm in any time zone
(this will roll it across the planet)."

To me a 7-10 pm "Blackout" means the electricity goes off for 3 hours
and people crash at intersections, fall down illumnated stairways, the elderly
die of heat exhaustion without air conditioning and that sort of thing.

Perhaps I was conditioned to take NABA's life threatening activism seriously
based on its past actions.. For example, for the past two years NABA has
protested the Malathion spraying over New York City on its website
- spraying that potentially has saved many human lives.

Paul Cherubini