Satyrodes continued

Ron Gatrelle gatrelle at tils-ttr.org
Sat Mar 10 15:43:41 EST 2001

John (and to everyone else in the therapy room),
    Good we are cool again. Yes, I got John's personal email and as soon as
I sent my response to his response of my initial  post - I noted it was
waiting in the in box for me. He bit at me some (which is expected) but
offered an olive branch  too. I hope listers are following this drama - as
it is now a good one. Beats the snot out of the Paul- Neil show. Why?
because we not only see conflict here in the John and Ron show ( note how I
give John first billing) - we see conflict resolution!
    How is the resolution accomplished? (Females observe a mystery of the
male gender.)
    First, by a willingness to find a resolution. Just because someone
(especially men) get into personal conflict does not mean they like it. Men
(descent men) will remain bristled and snarley but wanting just a little
bit of "submission" from the other corner so things can get back to normal.
When this happens BOOM it is over. The men give a good shot, frequently
below the belt, then shake hands and it is over.

(Women (wives) hate this. The female typically says "You're sorry, and
that's it? You destroyed me and one 'I'm sorry' and that is supposed to
just wipe everything (women like broad general hard for men to understand
terms) fine?" To which the man says "Yah, lets make love."  It gets worse
from here...)

    While it is true that no one totally forgets where they burry the
hatchet - men sure have a much worse memory than women - and dig faster.
(By the way can you tell yet that I am in a good mood? Why? Because - as a
mouthy person with lots of low self-esteem and a bad self image - I need
all the friends I can get. Thus, I need John. Actually, I want John ..UGH..
John's friendship (we are both heteros).
    There is no second - with men. (Men, there is a second through infinity
with women  as they are much more complex than we.) Ladies, you can't have
it both ways. You can't accurately tell us that our testosterone washed
brains are inferior and then criticize us for "not getting it" when we say
"Yah, that's it, lets kiss."  There is also some advantages to us men in
"just don't get it."  I am glad you ladies do understand so well and
discuss so thoroughly and repeatedly - That however, is a burden we men do
not have to bear. Our baseness definitely frustrates the superior gender,
but it keeps us fat, dumb, and happy - pro wrestling is real.

Summation and final points.
Attitude and intent are easily miss-assessed in this type of printed
format. The problem with communication is that people think it occurred.
This is a good format for the left brained not the right - OK for Einstein
not Picasso.

If any lister wants to continue to listen to this program move to John's
post where I will inject. This post does not have anything to do with
leps - however, leps don't read these posts lepidopterists do.
Lepidopterists who, in far to many cases, need to get our heads out of the
sand and find a way to get along, so we can get on  with the factual
environmental and  technically accurate understanding of lepidoptera.