Red Admirals - USGS Map - South Carolina

Cehmoth at aol.com Cehmoth at aol.com
Sun May 27 23:29:04 EDT 2001

All,
Many common butterflies (and moths) are missing from this site and other
resource maps due to the lack of information.  Either no one has specifically
sent in county data or no records exist.  The USGS site is a work in progress
and it does give ways to have new records posted.  In working with the
Noctuid moths, I have continued to send in new county records as I find them
and the list is updated around three or four times a year.  Also if you have
used this site, it works with everything from fishes, dragonflies,
stoneflies, wildflowers, etc...quite an undertaking.  My suggestion is to
send in qualified unposted records as you have them.  If you want to take on
a particular group for the country, you may want to contact Paul Opler about
acquiring maps and contacts to help with the efforts.
Good luck,
Chuck Harp