RE. The numbers neil and balance

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 18:57:49 EDT 2001

Ron Gatrelle WROTE:

The number of people in the USA is rapidly increasing
that wants to ban
guns, ban pornography, ban evangelism, ban butterfly
collecting,  in the
mistaken impression that that will stop crime,  child
molestation,
religious fanatics, butterfly extinction. Reprobates
and people without
ethics are the problem - not guns, sex, faith, or
nets.

Recreational collecting of all insect groups is a
perfectly legitimate
hobby. The thousands of decent people in this world
who "collect" do not
need to be made to feel they have to "justify" this
activity to the
thousands
of descent people who are watch-onlys -  any more that

meat eaters have to
justify their diet to vegetarians.  The problem here
is that many
vegetarians, watch-onlys, anti-smokers etc. live on a
one way street called
their way or else. The unethical rape of any part of
nature is heinous.
Tyranny is infinitely more heinous.

Excellent points Ron. Everyone knows where I stand on
the environment, Endangered Species Act, my tolerance
for collecting, my passion for pretty butterfly
watchers, my protection for freedom to have good
science, my distaste for Paul and what he represents,
my fondness for Neil Jones and Lincoln Brower, my
respect and enjoyment of Ron Gatrelle.

So I will not be redundant. Pat Foley and others are
waxing poetic. BUT let me say this: The pasted
comments that Ron has es[oused are wonderful and I
detest so called knee-jerk liberals who lump them into
things they just must be against just as I detest
people who lump all environmentalists being lumped
into categories that make one assume  whast viewpoint
said individual must have on other matters. BUT my
"knee-jerk conservative friends" BEWARE the
establishement (who run both parties) have truly
sliped it to us this time. The things Ron talks about
are no longer the agenda of the conservatives in
power.

It should be obvious that we part of a energy scam and
an end-run on the environment.  Even the once
intellectual Rush Limbaugh has become only a party
hack. But you know the most naive people have been us
"liberals", full of good intentions, who throughtout
the 20th Century have delivered the world and its
people to the "New World Order".  How many American
so-called liberal, environmental activists have turned
a deaf ear to the heart-wrenching cries of people
suffering from genocide, starvation, war and the
destruction of their infrastructure.  I do not want to
get into chat-room flaming contests, having to respond
to clarify. In China (read kiss-ass by US) if you are
born female you are terminated at birth (crowning)
before the 1st breath.  I have many environmentalist
friends that see human population control is the
answer. I believe technology can solve all of our
problems, if it is implemented by engineers and
scientists that are directed by greedy, all-knowing
oligarchs. We need the type of economics espoused by
Lyndon Larrouche not those of the Cheney White House
and his pawn GW the frat man.

So long and lets get back to Lepps and science.

Bob Parcelles, Jr.
Ecologist and former "ends justify the means" critter

"Real knowledge, like everything else of the
highest value, is not to be obtained easily.
It must be worked for, studied for, thought
for, and, more than all, it must be prayed for."

- Thomas Arnold

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
RJP Associates <rjpassociates at yahoo.com>
rjparcelles at yahoo.com
http://rainforest.care2.com/welcome?w=976131876
 "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
                       --William Shakespeare