Dusky Blue Hairstreak?

Michael-Ann Mikie at humblewildlife.com
Thu Nov 1 09:59:28 EST 2001

Hi Bill and thank you for the info,

> I've had the same problem photographing blues, they seldom show their upper
> wing surface when resting.

... Not to mention how quickly they flit about as you try to get a
picture... I'm sure the neighbors thought I was a nut running back and forth
in the yard and squatting periodically to try to get a picture,  and I have
been doing that a lot lately with my increasing interest in identifying what
creatures big and small find their way into my yard.  It is quite amazing
how one small urban yard can be an integral part of the whole life cycle of
so many things.

Mikie