Tale of Two Continents --

John R. Grehan jrg13 at psu.edu
Wed Nov 7 14:54:12 EST 2001

Alex Grkovich wrote:
>No, I disagree with you. I re-read Mark's post and he referred to the
>Creator's name beginning in a capital letter: "God" and not "god".

That's not very informative as to which god was being referred to. As far
as I am
aware adherents of different gods each write their god as 'God'.

>He also
>referred to the the "divinely crafted plan". Only the Creator of the
>Universe, who is denied by multitudes, has the ability (and has in fact
>already done so) to bring into being a "divinely crafted plan".

Naturally. But again that of itself does not inform as to which 'God' is
being referred to.

Regarding Mark's comments:

"each according to it's kind" - whatever that means, I'm certain it's not
what we think it means. I'm convinced the true definition allows for much
more variation than we think. On the other hand, I don't personally
consider a wing a variation of a hand.

Is this to say that your God did not provide an explicit definition? If
there is no explicit definitions the views expressed about species earlier
in the name of this God might be presumptive.

The God I refer to is the one true and holy God of Israel. There are no
other gods.

Thanks for the clarification - although this God seems to actually be
several different Gods with different adherents.

I believe God has designed the universe in a
similar fashion. His design includes an enriching component that makes good
use of happenstance - allowing for unexpected behavior. It's the sort of
thing that prevents any two snowflakes from being identical, or the thing
that allows two cloud filled skies to be the authors of two different
stories.

That clarifies the point a bit. Anyway it makes for an interesting
hypothesis even if not testable in the ordinary sense.

John Grehan