Caterpillar found with hides

David Smith idleweed at tusco.net
Mon Oct 8 19:47:35 EDT 2001

Hello,
    Your description sounds like a Tineidae to me. Some of the species are
known to feed on hides. According to Alvah Peterson in "Larvae of Insects"
Prolegs occur on segments 3, 6, and 10 bearing uniordinal crochets arranged
in a uniserial circle. Hope this helps. Most are distinctly under 10 mm.
            David Smith
news:37fd7631.0110081243.2df7df18 at posting.google.com...