Digital Camera Dilema

Anne Kilmer viceroy at GATE.NET
Wed Sep 26 16:05:55 EDT 2001

Sean Patrick Mullen wrote:

> Hello everyone...perfectly dreary, and typical, day here in Ithaca, NY.
>
> I was wondering if anyone on the list has had success with digital photography?
>
> I'm planning to do some controlled crosses between phenotypically
> "pure" individuals of the Red-Spotted Admiral group.  I want to take
> digital images of the resulting wing color patterns so that I can use
> a computer program to analyze them.  Any suggestions?
>
> Ideally, I'd like to get a camera that could take nice pictures in
> the lab but also be useful for field photography but that may be
> asking too much.  Oh yeah, if I could get one for less that a grand
> it would be nice too!!!!
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> -Sean Mullen

I love my Nikon Coolpix 995. You can take a perfectly enormous photo
with it, or a lot of little ones, and resolutions rival proper film.
About a grand is what you'd be spending. And you'd want more batteries
and more "film" so the price edges up. But oh, the little thing makes me
so happy. And my husband can use it too; he is totally unmechanical and
children laugh at him in the street, but he can point and shoot.
Instant gratification, how lovely.
Anne Kilmer
South Florida