host plants for moths on Kaibab

Ryan rvandermoor at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 17 00:13:48 EDT 2002

Im posting this message for someone else.... if anyone
can help this person out maybe you could contact
them directly.... find out what moths they specifically have
collected...... thanks for helping!  Apparently the
North Kaibib is in Nortern Arizona.

I am trying to figure out what sort of plants are eaten by the moths that I
catch on the North Kaibab. I've poked around on the web
for some information, and browsed the library catalog a bit, but I haven't
really found what I'm looking for.

I have about 12 genera in 7 lepidopteran families, and if I can't get
specific
host plant info, I'd at least like to know if these moths live in the forest
or in open meadows.  I know that such information exists for some
butterflies,
but where can I find such habitat info for moths?  If you don't know, can
you
direct me to someone who might have a better idea?

Mikele Lyn Painter
Masters Candidate
School of Forestry
Northern Arizona University