Do Monarchs need Mexican forests?

Patrick Foley patfoley at csus.edu
Fri Apr 19 16:39:20 EDT 2002

Paul,

This is my last post on this dumb subject (whether I have insulted
corporations). It is well established that many corporations have lied,
cheated and stolen using bogus science. Consider the tobacco industry
alone, but there are plenty of examples. Academic fraud occurs but is
relatively rare.

Any honest person who has worked for industry (as I have) knows how much
pressure there is to fudge.

Are you disagreeing with me from principle or are you being paid to do
so? This is not a rhetorical question. Many people on this list would
like to know.

Patrick Foley
patfoley at csus.edu