donations needed

Bob Parcelles,Jr. rjparcelles at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 11 15:25:19 EDT 2002

--- Ron Gatrelle <gatrelle at tils-ttr.org> wrote:
> I know a lot of people have been given an unwanted tax write off by
> the
> Stock Market.  It has also altered the financial planning of some.
> So I
> don't know how good a time this is to bring this up but we are still
> in
> urgent need of funds for our Miami Blue Butterfly Restoration
> Project.
> These donations are fully US tax deductible.
>
> To donate just go to http://tils-ttr.org/donate.html and either
> utilize
> PayPal or print out and mail in your donation.  Receipts are sent out
> immediately for your records.  There are other areas which need
> funding
> also.  a $500 donation from just 20 people would make a huge
> difference in
> what we are able to do.  There are very likely 20 people receiving
> this
> that could contribute this much, even more.  For many other just $100
> or
> $50 would be a lot.  We can all give something, and every bit does
> help.
> Give this some serious thought, and help as you are able.
>
> Thanks a million.  Really, that is how very grateful we are for your
> caring
> help.
>
> Ron Gatrelle
> TILS president
> Charleston, SC - USA
> http://www.tils-ttr.org
=========================
Greetings :)

Ron, thank you very much. As the TILS Project Manager/MBBRP and the
chairman of IEES the Co-sponsor of the Project, I have to
wholeheartedly and humbly ask for your help. We have been keeping a low
profile as our science staff,lead by Mark Walker, Leroy Koehn, Dr. Kurt
Johnson and our Field Research Manager, Daviid Fine have been making
great headway. Often when you are working the "null hypotheseis, you
raise more questions than science. Unfortuneatly, we have seemed to be
in competition with another element and that should not have been so.
[By the way their science is being shared to us but we have not
reciprocated because of the politics involved at this time];

Therefore we can not do hard work for others to use without the old
adage "take the blame but share the fame". They are self-funded and
we are not. That is unfortunate. Since we do not work for fame. The
only thing others have done is cut off our funding ..or try to. That
only damages the speed not our drive and eventual achievment of goals.
AAs far as the sceince peole involved this is not going to go along
much longer we will all be together.

This is a true grass roots effort but it still takes money. Many of
you have a "wait and see attitude". I can appreciate that. I have had
the same attitude many times. However, if we fail, it will be because
of procrastination in that direction--- not for any other reason. We
can offer no excuses. That is an adage I learned long ago
in business.

We have and are handling ALL other considerations. We have several
hundred people waiting to get the word to distribute flyers, Host
plants are being grown and many waiting to be told they can do that.
They can. But the science comes first.

There developments and some to come which I can not discuss at this
time. But I soon will be able to. Let me say this: Your monies wil go
to the printing and distribution of John C. Calhoun's beautiful and
articulate ID brochure and the funding of the expenses for David's
weekly research.

Jose Muniz, the Assistant Task Force Director, [Anne Kilmer's !st
Lt.if you will] is taking over the distrubution of 2 Press releases
that are 2 months late being put out. The Task Force, our 3 Vice
Chairs,the support staff (under Phylis Baker and the Science staff are
ready to go with your kind and generous help. Many of you have
voluntered for the help end of it and Anne will forward this to EACH
and EVERY one of you... I am sure. We have forgotten no one, including
those who grew tired and quit and those who were lead away.

All can help with this but two who never could do that. That is sad
but true.
All who will help Jose and I get these two Press releases out to
National Media will sure be appreciated. PLease contact me personally
at parcbob at aol for Press Releases and help from the many media
people in Florida or beyond who are reading this. If we are successful
in fundraising, the next Press Release (#3) will tell of the research
accomplishments and the new hypothises, as well as the great news on
the "political front".

At that time we will need to organize thousands of volunteers. It takes
a BIG, DIVERSIFIED, and MULTITALENTED organization, backed by science.

MBBRP is that organization. Of this I have no doubts and you should
not either. As Ron said to me and others some weeks ago "What are
WE...Chopped Liver?" No Ron we are not. We are just going to get the
job done and say NEXT!

Thank you and God bless,

RJP

PS 1:
Frequently check My E Bulletin board and Nature Potpourri for
developments. When we officially launch YOUR grass-roots taskforce for
the "Miami blue Crew" I will turn on a list serve I have created for
all or any to join.

PS 2:
For every one who donates their hard earned money to MBBRP I will
personally offer you a years free subscription to Nature
Potpourri :). Now you are laughing. Well that is good so you do not
think that, becasue I am on the soapbox, I am taking myself too
seriously. We get a lot of that. But you know, I am only half joking.
IEES or the name of the new parent organization (still thinking on
that), someday, a coupla years maybe), hopes to put out a quarterly
or bi-monthly Journal or magazine or both. The magazine will be Nature
Potpourri...Where it all started...
##########
Robert James Parcelles, Jr.
Biologist/Owner
'Specializing in Aquatic Ecosystems'
RJP Associates
Pinellas Park, FL 33782
(727) 548-9775
(888) 257-3077 PIN # 3711
http://RJP.eboard.com
http://www.tils-ttr.org [The International Lepidoptera Survey}
"Ecology is the Economics of nature; Economics is the Ecology of man"
...Dr. Marston Bates, _The Forest and the Sea_, 1962.

=====
Bob Parcelles, Jr
Pinellas Park, FL
Ecologist/Ethologist
RJP Associates
Institute of Ecological and Environmental Studies
rjparcelles at yahoo.com