Endangered species act

1_iron 1_iron at msn.com
Sat Feb 9 12:45:55 EST 2002

Hey.

Does anyone remember the Fort Collins LEPSOC meeting a few years ago? We
were addressed by a govt man of some sort on enforcing wildlife rules and
regs. I only heard the first few minutes; the address was so offensive and
threatening (and braggadocious) I left. Anyone stay for the whole thing and
remember the details?

I was headed for Brazil for a month a few years ago. The Brazilian officials
were happy to let me have all the moths I could carry; the USF&WS man I
encountered here was not so accommodating. After almost 6 months of trying
(I tried his bosses up the line as well) to explain I wouldn't be able to
fill out his form before re-entering the country because ID's very well
wouldn't be possible for some months, if at all, I gave it up. I brought
back a bottle of liquor instead.

Jim Taylor