killing butterflies for fun???

Stan Gorodenski stanlep at extremezone.com
Wed Jul 3 13:20:54 EDT 2002

I've been pondering for some time whether 'Joseph Sugar' (by 'his'
standard) could be hauled in for insect(man) slaughter for killing any
insect with his car because of going over the lawful speed limit.

An interesting thing (non-scientific) I noticed while driving through
the Gila National forest two weeks ago. When I drove at low speeds,
about 20 mph, to see what was flying the Speyeria would hit the
windshield of my van. At higher speeds this did not happen, presumably
because the strength of the air flow patterns at the higher speeds
prevented the butterflies from hitting the windshield.
Stan