anonymous mailing

Robert Dana robert.dana at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Mar 21 13:13:29 EST 2002

The front of the card has in large type: "The audacity of a crooked
bunch: Deception while always pointing a finger at someone else."

The message on the reverse addresses the alleged activities of "Paul
Cherubini of 4857 Summit View Drive . . ." [rest of address is given,
plus phone number]. It says that he "boasts" of the use "of more than
100 alias internet identities to dupe and harass Ph.D. scientists . . ."
and goes on to list about 17 of these. It concludes that "it is widely
known that many of the signatures appearing on the online petition to
stop the USDA's regulation of butterfly transfers . . . are identities
that belong to Mr. Cherubini, a poison salesman and wonderful human
being."

That's it.

Robert Dana, Ph.D.
MN DNR
Natural Heritage and Nongame Research Program
500 Lafayette Rd, Box 25
St. Paul, MN 55155
651 297-2367
Email: robert.dana at dnr.state.mn.us

>>> Ron Gatrelle <gatrelle at tils-ttr.org> 3/21/02 12:04:09 PM >>>
Robert - I have some honest questions.

What is the actual text of this post card?  Can you relay it to us?

Does the card say "alleged" in relation to the purported activity of
Paul?
In fact does it say "Paul Cherubini" or just "Cherubini" (there are
probably lots of Cherubinis in this world).  If it says things about
him
specifically and as facts, this would surely constitute defamation,
slander, and liable.  It might also come under some type of postal
(federal) criminal act.  Some misuse of the mails to spread fraudulent
information.

Does the card spell out what the harrassment is - of what nature?

I too find it odd that the card is anonymous.  I would think that even
Paul's detractors would agree that the accusation does not fit Paul's
MO.
He is about as up-front as one gets.

Ron