Vanessa Butterfly Migration Project; Request for Red Admiral, Painted Lady Sightings

Anne Kilmer viceroy at gate.net
Sat Mar 30 09:38:44 EST 2002

Oh, wow! There is a Santa Claus. (Or would that be the Easter Bunny? To
merit whose gifts one doesn't even have to be good ... )
This is exactly the project I envisioned and described to Colin (my
futurescope at work, of course), only it needs to be worldwide ...
Royce, can you do that? ;-)
And of course IBBA will be there with the tags for the released Painted
Ladies. They're already doing this for Monarchs, so why not.
And you'll input dates and times of releases, across our fair land, so
people will actually know where their released bugs go, and how they
impact the fates of the rest of them.
And the kids will all be out there looking for Painted Ladies, and
they'll plant their gardens for rare butterflies, and take home plants,
  and I'm betting they'll find plenty of Miami Blues, once they start
looking ... or Karner Blues, or whatever Blues you choose.
Ain't it awesome how good life is when we all work together?
Anne Kilmer
Butterfly Coalition