MIAMI BLUES NEWS

ParcBob at aol.com ParcBob at aol.com
Thu May 9 00:19:57 EDT 2002

GREETINGS:

Mark Walker from Oceanside, California has taken the Vice-Chair, Science
postition in the Miami Blue Butterfly Restoration Project. He is responsible
for the coordination and mangement of the A, B, and C Teams. He and his A
Team Coordinators will be responsible for the liaison with State and Federal
authorities and various consultants. Mark has been working with Butterflys
for 35 years and is noted for his travel narratives.

His background is in Computer Engineering and has a BSEE and a MSCompEng .
Mark travels and consults for his companie's Fortune 500 clients. Obviously
this puts him where the butterflies are and Mark gives us the tremendous
posts of his adventures.

The A Team's Chief Scientists areLeroy Koehn and Dr. Kurt Johnson ,both with
an intimate knowledge of Blues as well as the Miami Blue.. They are Assited
by David Fine a young lepidoptery student who has already been researching in
the keys for us. A team from C2M is also doing some preliminary survey work.
We need ecologists, botanists and others for the C Team and Ed Reinertsen is
organizing the B -Team with people skilled in growing host plants as well as
breeding butterflyies. There are many people already consulting with the
teams and they will work through the C-Team.

We need help from any that consider themselves qualified. And of course as
time goes on the Task Force  (Miami Blue Crew) will need more people.

We will talk more about the 3 Teams in the next update.

Bob Parcelles, Jr.
Miami Blue Butterfly Restoration Project. Director and Chair

Bob Parcelles, Jr.
Ecologist, RJP Associates
Environmental Planning, Research and Education
Pinellas Park, Florida
Repley to: ParcBob at aol.com
(727) 548-9775