killing butterflies for fun???

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Fri May 10 06:43:40 EDT 2002

On Thursday 09 May 2002 04:48 pm, Grkovich, Alex wrote:
> Joseph,

> You are like a lot of ignorant, maybe even evil, people who write to us and
> to hunters and fishermen. You do not respect the Civil Liberties of others.
> You have no regard for the Constitution of this Country. That's it in a
> nutshell. You're also the equivalent of a modern-day Nazi.

By internet tradition _you_have_ just_lost_ the_argument. I Invoke Godwin's
Law.

> You're also a part of a modern day pseudo-religion which equates insects
> and reptiles with human beings. They're not equal; humans (even you) were
> created in God's image; insects and reptiles were not. The latter are here
> for our study and for us to learn about them.

Duh!!. Do you realise how daft that argument is in scientific terms?
I can defeat it in just two words. " _PROVE_IT_."

I am not so arrogant . I do not believe that I am an image of godhood.
I am a relatively hairless ape with a large brain. I know this to be true
because of logical deduction and _science_.  By logical deduction, not
because some mullah, priest or witch doctor told me so.
 Whilst I do believe in morals and religion does serve a purpose for many
people in this regard. You are preaching the litteral truth of ancient Hebrew
mythology. I do not believe in it in the same way that I do not believe in
ancient Egyptian mythology, Greek mythology etc.

If you had been raised in ancient Rome no doubt you would have been just as
passionate in your belief in Jupiter (diu piter = God the Father or sky
father)

For goodness sake Alex there are far better arguments to use to defend
proper scientific study you do not need to use all this mumbo jumbo.
(and by my cultural norms it _is_ mumbo jumbo.)
You are _actually_ demonstrating clearly that you are _NOT_ scientific in
your outlook.

There is some good stuff in the Bible like a lot of cleverly written
religious texts. It cannot be litterally true or the earth would be flat. It
quite clearly says that it is!

To quote the falt earth society's spokesman Charles Johnson "The whole point
of the Copernican theory is to get rid of Jesus by saying there is no up and
no down.The spinning ball thing just makes the whole Bible a big joke."

Your argument above sounds just as daft to me.
--
Neil Jones- Neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk http://www.butterflyguy.com/
NOTE NEW WEB ADDRESS