Noctuoidea of Canada

Don Lafontaine burnbank at sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 9 20:04:45 EST 2003

For the remnant out there that like noctuids and their kin, and live in Canada or northern US, Jim Troubridge and I have now posted (or re-posted) three sites on noctuoids of Canada

The first site is 1700 images of the 1500 noctuoids known from Canada and is mainly a pictorial atlas in an image library.
http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/facilities/strickland/noctuoidea/index.htm

The second site is a re-working of the site we posted last year with illustrated check lists of the Noctuoidea of western Canada (with an image library of 1300 species) and is at
http://www.cbif.gc.ca/noctuoidea/index_e.php

The third site is basically the same as the western site but covers the 1000 species in Eastern Canada and is at
http://www.cbif.gc.ca/spp_pages/noctuoidea/eastindex_e.php

Suggestions and comments would be most appreciated. We are giving some thought to a Noctuoidea of North America and additional Parts for "The Moths of Canada" series so suggestions are better earlier than later!!

Don Lafontaine