D. or C. or I. henrici

Kirks quirks at tds.net
Tue Jan 14 08:45:43 EST 2003

 Hello. I need information on Henry's elfin.   If you haven't already received an email from me via other lists or agencies, let me introduce myself.  I am a conservation biologist in the state of Wisconsin working on a Conservation Assessment for Henry's Elfin for the Forest Service. In this part of the range, Henry's is rarely encountered.  I'm interested in hearing from folks who have any experience with the
species, its habitat and larval foodplants. Particularly, I haven't been able to glean any info on the species in the Rio Grande Valley and
adjacent Mexican states. Is there more than one flight in the south?

Also, in the northern portion on the range: Canada and Northeastern US, what are the larvae using for foodplants?  Anyone know about mutualism with ants for this species?  I need facts.

Thank you,
Kathryn Kirk
Madison, Wisconsin