cross posting

Michael Gochfeld gochfeld at eohsi.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 10 07:33:26 EDT 2003

Ron urged the removal of prior posts to keep messages from getting longer and
longer with each successive "reply to all".

It is also helpful to go to the trouble of removing the individual names when
replying to the list.

Thus some of us received messages in triplicate yesterday (Ron and Mark would
have gotten three of these messages).

As to the cost of cross-posting, my inbox doubled yesterday with duplicate
messages.  Since I got these at home, it significantly slowed the down-loading
(the cost of deleting the duplicates was negligible by comparison).

Mike Gochfeld