Seeking samples of coffee leaf miner (Leucoptera coffeella)

Kim Williams-Guillén kimwilliamsg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:05:03 EDT 2009

Hi Leppers,

I am wondering if anyone out there has a sample of the moth known as
coffee leaf miner, Leucoptera coffeella.  I am seeking a sample to
extract DNA for a project using DNA barcoding to study diets of bats
in coffee plantations.  Insect DNA is amplified from bat feces, and I
am seeking a leaf miner so I can have a reference sequence, in case
the bats are eating them.

The sample could be of any stage (larva, adult) and in poor condition.
 If you have one you could gift to me, I would be very grateful.  Or,
if you know someone who might have one, please let me know.

Thanks
Kim Williams-Guillen

--
Kimberly Williams-Guillén, Ph.D.