[Leps-l] QAnon Conspiracy Theorists Force Butterfly Sanctuary to Shut Down

Neil Jones neil at aurinia.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 11:24:22 EST 2022

Oh my goodness me there are some crazy and stupid people around. This
story is one of the weirdest I've heard, but its true!

It is a butterfly sanctuary for goodness sake!

"Far-right conspiracy theories have latched onto baseless claims that
major Texas butterfly sanctuary is a hub for sex trafficking, leading to
real-world threats against the sanctuary’s staff. On Thursday, the
National Butterfly Center in Mission, Texas, sent out"

https://gizmodo.com/qanon-butterfly-sanctuary-texas-threats-1848440167