[NHCOLL-L:4045] DHL and 3-177

Watkins-Colwell, Gregory gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Wed Oct 29 14:35:39 EDT 2008

Has anybody ever had DHL do a 3-177 for a shipment coming into the country?  Twice now I've had them do one for me and charge me for the service.   Each time that they've done it I've gotten the bill and a cleared 3-177 roughly 2 months after the arrival of the package and thus AFTER I've already done the 3-177 and gotten it cleared.  Thus, the same package now has 2 entries into the USFW database.

Since I can do a 3-177 without charging myself a fee, I prefer to do it that way.  Is there any way to make DHL STOP doing this?  They don't seem to do it on every transaction.

Greg

Gregory J. Watkins-Colwell
Division of Vertebrate Zoology
Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History