[NHCOLL-L:4047] Shipping museum specimens to Iran

Gordon Hendler hendler at nhm.org
Wed Oct 29 17:44:05 EDT 2008

         Has anyone had experience mailing museum specimens to Iran?
         I would like to return  a small number of dried echinoderms that
were sent by a student in Tehran, and have obtained a USFWS 3-177 for the
material.
         I would appreciate advice regarding how the specimens should be
mailed, accompanying forms that are necessary, and special restrictions or
regulations that apply.

Gordon Hendler, Ph.D.
Curator of Echinoderms
900 Exposition Boulevard