[NHCOLL-L:5607] Job Opening: Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County

Regina Wetzer rwetzer at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 14:24:42 EDT 2011

*Curatorial Assistant, Marine Biodiversity Center*
We invite applications for the position of Curatorial Assistant in our
Marine Biodiversity Center. This position will complement existing staff and
requires excellent organization and communication skills. The successful
individual will assist with curation, sorting, databasing, and physical
integration of collections into the museum’s vast marine invertebrate
collections. We seek an individual with experience with marine
invertebrates. The applicant should have a B.S. degree in Biology,
preferably knowledge of and experience with contemporary museum collection
management and specimen conservation techniques. The individual we are
seeking must be resourceful and have excellent interpersonal skills.
Learn more about the Museum by visiting http://www.nhm.org. Visit the Museum
jobs page for details about the position (http://www.nhm.org/jobs). For an
overview of the Center visit
http://www.nhm.org/site/research-collections/marine-biodiversity-center.
This position is full-time with benefits and is available immediately.
Please send your curriculum vitae, name and contact information for three
referees, and a cover letter that describes your curatorial experience to:
Regina Wetzer, PhD.
Director, Marine Biodiversity Center
900 Exposition Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90007
rwetzer at nhm.org