[NHCOLL-L:5526] Re: Display tank for fluid-preserved fish specimens?

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Mon Jun 27 18:07:22 EDT 2011

Laura

We have approached our local glass store here in Lawrence a few times to construct custom made "fish tank" type things with great success – mostly for photo tanks – but I am sure you could get a glass store to construct what you needed out of thicker glass and silicone…

John Simmons has had some experience with this at various museums he has helped in the past – or the Smithsonian who "recently" had something constructed for their giant squid.

Just some thoughts

Andy

   A :            A :            A  :
}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>
   V              V              V
Andy Bentley
Ichthyology Collection Manager/Specify Usability Lead
University of Kansas
Natural History Museum & Biodiversity Research Center
Dyche Hall
1345 Jayhawk Boulevard
Lawrence, KS, 66045-7593
USA