[Nhcoll-l] Access to anthropology collections temporarily closed

Anderson, Gretchen AndersonG at CarnegieMNH.Org
Wed Oct 29 10:11:33 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,
I am posting this for Amy Covell, Curatorial Assistant, Anthropology, Carnegie Museum of Natural History.  We are very excited to proceed with this project.  Please contact Amy if you have any questions (covella at carnegiemnh.org<mailto:covella at carnegiemnh.org> )
October 9, 2014
To Whom It May Concern:
The Anthropology collection at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History will be closed to research completely for approximately two years, beginning summer 2015. While this is a long time, it is for a very good reason. We have been awarded an NEH grant that will be used to install compactor storage in the Archaeological collection area. This is a huge step in ensuring the preservation and accessibility of the collection. If anyone would like access prior to June 2015, please contact me. I will do my best to arrange that for you.
Sincerely,
Amy L. Covell
Curatorial Assistant/ Section of Anthropology
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
covella at carnegiemnh.org<mailto:covella at carnegiemnh.org>
412.665.2606

Thank you
Gretchen Anderson
Conservator
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
5800 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15202
Phone (412)665-2607
Andersong at CarnegieMNH.org<mailto:Andersong at CarnegieMNH.org>
http://www.carnegiemnh.org

The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.