[Personal_archives] Tuesday morning

Hobbs, Catherine catherine.hobbs at lac-bac.gc.ca
Tue Oct 28 10:29:02 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Since our focus is on individuals:  how might the lack of a physical
image change perceptions of a photograph's importance?  Does the
proliferation of images, our ability to alter them, to send them out, to
create multiple copies, our inability to stablize them (or even to find
them again) show that we are now "taking photography lightly" in our
personal lives?  Or are we now dealing with more fluid notions of
digital property along with more transient notions of identity and
selfhood?  To me this keys into broader interests in how creators store
their digital material and how these original orders differ from hard
copy original orders.  What can we tell of the creator now through how
they create and store their photographs?

Catherine