video subs for Uchida's TSUCHI/EARTH?

Quentin Turnour Quentin.Turnour at nfsa.gov.au
Sat Apr 14 09:17:34 EDT 2012

Hello to the list,

I believe it is possible that one of you out there might have a copy (as a
text file, or as an STI) of the English subtitles to Uchida's 1939
TSUCHI/EARTH - although probably based on the German subtitles on the
incomplete 115 min (?) print held in the NFC, rather than a direct
translation of the Japanese dialogue.

Keen to get a copy of these, ideally with any sort of reference copy of
the original German subtitles - if that's how it was done - so we can
check them against the Japanese. Of course a DVD copy, with the English
subs laid on as well would be very nice. But the file would be most
appreciated.

Perhaps this is best negotiated off list (?).

Thanks in advance.

Quentin Turnour, Programmer,
Access, Research and Development
National Film and Sound Archive, Australia
McCoy Circuit, Acton,
ACT, 2601 AUSTRALIA
phone: +61 2 6248 2054  |  fax: + 61 2 6249 8159
www.nfsa.gov.au

The National Film and Sound Archive collects, preserves and provides
access to Australia's historic and contemporary moving image and recorded
sound culture.