Secret Agent flms

faith faithbach at yahoo.co.jp
Tue May 22 06:29:27 EDT 2012

Mike
if you want to go back this far, there were quite a few spy films during the war -- eg, Kancho Imada Shisezu (The Spy Isn't Dead Yet, 1942) and Kaisen no Zen'ya (Eve of War, 1943, both still available) -- about anglo-american infiltrators and their lackeys attempting to sabotage japanese military objectives like pearl harbor.  these and others of the genre are treated in Peter B. High's Imperial Screen, p.442 ff.
FB