[Kinejapan] Film translation event in London

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 2 12:28:27 EDT 2018

Dear KineJapaners,

Perhaps some members of this list mightbe interested in a couple of the events at this year's SOAS Taiwan StudiesSummer School

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.soas.ac.uk_taiwanstudies_summerschool_&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=XHvwq7b9M-5NXR_g-cAFk7OFQAGzntM3iXVdhnWevfo&m=s6QT3jvmX_MHBlOVib7LVKnId76aomXolC3Hc0bkR7M&s=NZ4EZcK5WPMPI8WTO5kH3xBqkU5rotptpcmnFmVUlOo&e=

I see there is a screening of a doc. onan indigenous rising against Japanese rule on Tuesday 10th July, anda presentation on the Friday of the translation process of Seediq Bale from aMandarin script into Seediq and Japanese.

I have no direct contact with theorganisers but I am drawn to see a mirroring of the recent translation of theJapanese script of Fukada Kōji of Umi o kakeru into Indonesian andEnglish. Members will doubtless make their own comparisons.

It seems you can register for selecteddays without fee.

I’m signing this with my email, but I’mhoping the new server will make this redundant in future.

Roger

macyroger at yahoo.co.uk