WAS A Leper?

Tiser, Gene M TiserG at mail01.dnr.state.wi.us
Fri Jul 13 14:41:33 EDT 2001

Ron -
I think you missed one other significant aspect/justification of sub-species
documentation.  That is, surviving subspecies of today will at some point
become tomorrow's species.  If today's subspecies are not noted or tracked,
the future lepidopterans will lament the loss of evolutionary data and
insights that could have been gained had these creatures been carefully
documented and studied.  Can you imagine having data that tracks a
sub-species through the time it becomes a full fledged species?

Gene Tiser
Education Coordinator
NE Region Hdqtrs
PO Box 10448